Friday, August 19, 2011

A Cool Night Out With Brookie!


I had the coolest adventure with my amazing friend Brookie last night...
Brooke is that friend that EVERYONE wants to know- She is a beautiful woman on the inside and out. Witty, intelligent and creative all wrapped up in a cool, chill, bohemian vibe. Her energy is magnetic. Her knowledge of music and art is eclectic and extensive. She can hang with an A-List celebrity or kick it with someone she's just met, and either person feels special.
I love having her in my life!
Last night Brooke invited me to join her at an art opening for an artist named Juan Carlos Munoz. He is known for his brass sculpture work, however I'm not sure if it was because I was with Brookie, or feeling the cool beach breeze in Venice, or just because it's been a while since I've been so inspired visually but I wanted to dive into this magnificent floor to ceiling painting that was a whirling sea of bright fiery colors.
(The untitled painting above is the one I reference by Juan Carlos Munoz.)
The night was perfect. Brooke has a brilliant eye for all things stunning. Which is why I'm pleased to share a link to a benefit that is very near to Brooke's heart-
She works year round to collect the best art from the most innovative artists for a silent auction and live performance benefiting LiveStrong.
Please check it out!

No comments: