Sunday, August 14, 2011

Flashback!

I had the most amazing flashback to my childhood today...
Our production company is in pre-production for an exciting new project that we've been developing for the past year. It is by far our most ambitious project to date! In addition to having a spectacular group of writer / actors on board, we've enlisted an awesome designer to help oversee everything from set design to costumes!
Of course my "Type A" personality still needs to have a hand in every project, so today my producing partner and I started assembling the sets!
Although I don't want to give away too much about our pilot, I will say that it is going to be innovative, fresh and fabulous!
The fact that we have three separate sets is a cool perk.
Anyway, I found myself standing in the center of one of the sets under construction and I was flooded with ecstasy.
Almost instantly, I was back in my parents garage in the Torrance, CA.
It was like 1990 all over again-
Me, hanging all of my moms nicest sheets in the garage. Trying to makeshift that perfect set to shoot whatever goofy script my cousins and I wrote at the time. I "borrowed" my dads camcorder and found some crappy flood lights and we were ready for ACTION!
It's wild. Twenty years have passed and I'm still building sets, writing scripts and performing in front of a camera.
I was pleasantly reminded that the passion inside is exactly the same!
It felt like I was in heaven all those years ago in my garage "set" made of sheets, and today was just as magical as it was all those years ago.
I'm still living my childhood dream, and I feel so blessed that I'm just as happy now as I was then.

No comments: