Friday, August 12, 2011

Answer The Damn Call!

I admit it, I hate when people don't answer their phone! I guess I just don't get it...
I'm the type of guy that understands the importance of communication in the 21st Century. Gone are the days of the pager, pay phone and service line...
I also accept that not everyone has a "Type A" personality, so it's not like I'm completely unrealistic. I'm willing to wait a few days for someone to return a business call.
Hell, I'll even forgive my dad when it takes him a week to get back to me...
But where I lose my shit, is when I have arrangements with someone, and they decided not to respond to your calls, text's and emails as a way of bailing on you!
Really? That's your out? To blame 21st technology?
"Oh I didn't hear your call..." "Oh I didn't see your text until just now..." "Oh you sent it to the wrong email address..."
REALLY? I'm pretty sure I CC'd it to all five of your email addresses!
I mean, have you met me?
Honestly, I'm not crazy. If plans change, just pick up the phone and tell me. If you don't want to talk, shoot me a text. If you don't want a text war, send me an email...
But for God's sake, be a bigger person and respond! It's not like I'm the crazy stalker that wants to go out for another bad date with you. I'm the guy you made plans with to meet up and "text me when you're here..."
I'm here... and you're not responding to my text!
RAGE!
Oh shit, I have to go... my phone is ringing and I've been waiting 17 minutes for this call!

No comments: