Monday, May 10, 2010

Sit Down Comedy...

I'm currently in the process of writing my new stand-up act...
For various reasons (that I have mentioned in several past blog post, but I'm to lazy to go back and look them up and link them here...) I stopped doing stand-up a few years back.

However, just recently- I realized I still have a lot to say, to a lot of people. Things I need to get off my chest, and I find that my ranting and raging comes off as funny in a room full of strangers...
...not at all crazy (which is probably a little closer to the truth than I care to admit.)

Anyway, while I was sitting on my couch working on my act, I started to laugh out loud at one of my favorite new stories (I like to tell funny stories, less one liners...) and for no reason at all I started thinking about why comedians feel the need to stand up while they deliver their act...

Would comedy be just as funny if the comedians performed: Sit-down?


No comments: