Friday, May 7, 2010

Now Thatsa Lotta Meata Ball!

Wow!
Okay, let me just say that I have so much more respect for both my grandmas!
Who knew that all of the amazing family reunions, Christmas gatherings and Sunday dinners took so much time and effort?!?
It's no wonder both my grams would rather eat out than have holidays at home anymore!

I just spent the better part of two hours; chopping onion, fresh basil, tomato and hand mixing three pounds of ground beef and pork with fresh bread (hand torn), Parmesan cheese, herbs and egg to make TWENTY-TWO perfectly round meatballs!
Then another forty minutes browning them to even perfection!

Oh the lengths we go through to please the people we love!
I have to say, it smells like heaven in my kitchen... Not quite as good as it does in either of my grandmas' kitchens... but I think all of energy, love and butter will be a HUGE SUCCESS!
Happy Birthday Bug!

No comments: