Friday, May 14, 2010

Sunset Boulevard Gets a Facelift!

My sleep for the past week has been ripped away from me every night because of the "beautification" project on the Sunset Strip!

I don't know who's responsible nor do I care! All I know is that someone thought that the entire stretch of Sunset Boulevard from Crescent Heights to Doheny needed a facelift...
After all, it is LA and no one or nothing can look like it's over sixteen years old!

It's too bad- part of their "beautification" meant tearing out forty year old trees! Not too mention the strain it's putting on all of the business that are already struggling to get people in during this economic hardship...

But the true crime (lack of sleep aside) is the parking lot formerly known as Sunset Boulevard! Don't even think about using it as a street- The traffic is backed up from sun up until sun down every day... And guess what? This project will not be done until August 2010!

Guess who else is going to need a facelift after this "beautification" project is done?!?

1 comment:

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

oh I can feel your pain. In AZ for 2 years I lived right off a freeway they were building allllll night long. drove me nuts with all the beeping from them backing up and not to mention the loud noise it took to break up concrete. So hey at least it is only till august could be longer!?!?!?!?